Sunday, January 27, 2013

Creative Jump Start 2013

I signed up for this class, right away - but only got caught up this weekend.  With 40 posts as of this morning from the class and still a week to go...I managed to create and learn a ton of new techniques in mixed media, different inks and various stamping tips.  I had a great time playing in my scraproom - something I haven't done in a long time.  Here are a few of the projects - the LO and the tag are not finished but I will use them with future projects.


This is using acrylic inks (Claudine Hellmuth), a background,
then select stencil areas and then a piece cut out.
 
3 colours of alcohol inks to make the background
 and then a stamp using archival jet black ink.

 
White crayon resist! 
I coloured in the areas that I wanted to see white of Tim Holtz new stamp
Then I used distress inks to colour over the glossy paper. 
 I wiped away the excess in and the white re-appeared.

 
Stamping another one of Tim's new stamps with archival jet black ink on glossy paper.
Then, colouring in certain areas with distress markers.

 
This Graphic 45 tag pouch was painted with gesso, dried and layered with Claudine Hellmuth's pink acrylic paint.  Adding water by throwing it on the tag and drying spots with a heat gun revealed the manila tag.  Once this was dried, I added another layer of blue pain and did the same with the water.

 
This was fun and it is far from from finished.  I painted the entire page with gesso. 
Then, I added rock candy distress all over and let it dry and crackle.  Taking one of the perfect pearl mists, I spritzed, dried and let the ink run to create this interesting crackle effect. 

 
These are just a few of the MANY techniques I learned from Nathalie Kalbach's Creative JumpStart 2013 workshop.  Amazing!!  I still have a week to go - so much more to learn! 
I have a full journal of examples and explanations of all the many different ideas!!!

No comments: