Happy New Year! I have a lot to post in the coming days - so check back often!! This first week back to work has been busy.
For the 12 days of Christmas on SSZ's blog, I posted this tutorial on the ever popular easel card.
To construct the easel card,
1. Cut one piece of green cardstock 5” x 10”
2. Score at 5” and 2.5”
3. Cut a red piece of cardstock 5” x 5”
4. Cut a piece of patterned paper for the front – 4 ½ “ x 4 ½ “
5. Cut a piece of patterned paper for the inside – 4 ¾ “ x 4 ¾”
To assemble the easel card,
1. Position the green cardstock in front of you with the 5” edge along the bottom.
2. Bring the 2.5” fold towards you.
3. Then bring the 5” fold towards you. This will make a long base with a triangular fold on top.
5. Glue the 4 ½” x 4 1/2 “ piece of pattern paper on top of the red piece of cardstock.
6. Embellish how you wish – I used a magnolia stamp and a nestabilities scalloped circle with a journaling spot from the December kit to stamp the Merry Christmas.
7. Take the finished front and attach to the smallest fold – the 2 ½” edge, ensuring that both bottom edges are flush to each other. Glue only this front fold of your base to the bottom half of your front piece.
8. Glue remaining patterned paper piece onto the green to create your base, or inside of card.
9. Attach a button with a glue dot about center so that when you stand up your easel card, it will not slide forward.